Welcome Metafilter readers, and thank you. If you’re wondering where to start, here’s a fully subjective top 20. A list of starting points: popular, recent, favourite or otherwise.
Alternatively, check the Postopolis! category, for a series of reports from the architecture and urbanism-orientated event I helped organise earlier this year at New York’s Storefront for Art and Architecture.
- Design. Architecture. Football
- Two possible Google Earth extensions: time and sound
- La Tonnara and the Chamber of Death; Arabian floating architecture in Sicily
- The Anti-Fun Palace: APEC Fence, Sydney lockdown
- In Every Dream Home A Heartache: The Great Australian Dream and its architecture
- Indiscreet music
- The Shock of the New World, with respect to the flora and fauna of Australia
- Punching holes in Ciutat Vella; adaptive urban form in Barcelona
- Suspended at a junction in time: Australia, Silent Running, The Drowned World and the University of Queensland
- Trenitalia, travel writing and total design
- The city as destructive system: wildfires, Dresden and the case against urban sprawl
- Movements in Modern Media
- Assessing the new Guardian, with brief nod to the avant-garde [aka Grazia, Heat and The Sun]
- Los Angeles: Grand Theft Reality
- Gangs Of New York, World-Building
- New Musical Experiences
- Architecture and interaction design, via adaptation and hackability
- "China: The Three Emperors, 1662-1795", Royal Academy, London
- ‘Future City: Experiment and Utopia in Architecture 1956-2006’ exhibition
- ‘Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait’, by Douglas Gordon and Philippe Parreno
There’s a fuller list here, should you have any bandwidth left.
Leave a Reply